Zelensky said he spoke with Truss and invited her to Ukraine
According to the Ukrainian president, he thanked the British for supporting Ukraine. The new British Prime Minister promised to continue to provide assistance to Kyiv 320px) and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (max-width: 320px) and (min-resolution: 192dpi)” >
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky announced that he was the first world leader to speak with the new British Prime Minister Liz Truss. He wrote about this on Twitter. According to the Ukrainian leader, he invited her to visit the country.
“Thanked the people of Great Britain for their leadership in the defense and economic support of Ukraine. It is important that the UK is ready for its further strengthening. We paid attention to security guarantees, & mdash; Zelensky said.
A Downing Street report said Truss reaffirmed Ukraine's support, assuring that it can count on Britain's help in the long term. The parties, in particular, condemned Russia's attempts to use energy resources as a weapon. The prime minister accepted Zelensky's invitation to come to Ukraine.
On the eve of Truss, she was elected the new head of the Conservative Party and prime minister. 57.4% of the members of the Conservative Party voted for her, and for her rival, former Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak,— 42.6%.
On Tuesday, Queen Elizabeth II accepted the resignation of Truss's predecessor, Boris Johnson. She gave Truss an audience and asked her to form a government.
Read on RBC Pro Pro The Red Method: how an American made $1.3 billion in a resale business x The Economist How a Brazilian Company Overtook PepsiCo and Disappointed Investors Articles Pro China's Housing Bubble. Can it provoke a global crisis Articles Pro x The Economist Why sanctions did not bring down the Russian economy – 3 reasons from The Economist Articles Pro Harvard negotiation method: how to achieve the goal and not spoil relations Summary Pro Turkey or the UAE: what to choose for investment in residential real estate Instructions
The new prime minister, the former head of the British Foreign Office, promised to continue to help Ukraine, not soften the policy towards Russia and China, and support the British in the face of a sharp rise in energy prices. In her first speech in her new position, she assured that she would take measures to combat the rise in electricity prices.
Her former deputy, James Cleverly, replaced Truss as the new foreign secretary. In Truss's cabinet, the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs was replaced, the department was headed by the former Attorney General of England and Wales, Suella Braverman, instead of Priti Patel (she resigned after Truss' victory in the elections). Ex-Business Minister Kwazi Kwarteng has been appointed Minister of Finance. After Sunak's resignation in July, the post was held by Nadhim Zahavi. Former Minister of Labor Therese Coffey became the head of the Ministry of Health and Deputy Prime Minister. Ben Wallace retained the post of Secretary of Defense, while Transportation Secretary Grant Shapps and a number of other ministers left their posts.
Johnson announced his resignation as Prime Minister on July 7 amid a series of scandals and resignations of ministers and other members of the government.
The Kremlin does not expect an improvement in relations with London after the change of prime minister. “I would not like to say that these changes can happen for the worse, because it is difficult to imagine the worst, but, unfortunately, this cannot be ruled out. I don't think you can hope for anything positive, — Presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov said.
Authors Tags What banking products are now available in yuan
Understanding the mailing